The Alliance of Success: E-mail Marketing and Retargeting

retargeting

E-mail Marketing has stopped being a mystery long time ago. An increasing number of companies are advertising through this medium, as it is one of the fastest way of communication. The process is simple. The clients receive the email and open it. After reading it thoroughly, they decide to visit your website. They get to know your products, and are inclined to buy, but something distracts their attention. So the clients leave the website without buying. This happens with 98% of the traffic towards the website of your company. However, there is no need to panic. For such situations, there are retargeting campaigns.

retargeting-3

What is Retargeting?

As I was saying, only 2% of the traffic to the website of a company is converted into sales. The retargeting process takes care of the remaining 98% of visitors. The retargeting or remarketing process works relatively simple. The client accesses a website, but leaves it without completing the purchase. From that point, thanks to some files called “cookies”, they will see your add everywhere. So, this process is meant to remind potential clients that at some point they had the intention of buying something.

remarketing-4

Technically speaking, all you need to do is place a JavaScript „tag” at the footer of the web page. This piece of code will make a list of all the users that visit your site, by placing anonymous cookies in their browsers. This list allows remarketing providers to display banners that promote your company. Prospects will see these ads while browsing other websites.

remarketing-5Remarketing campaigns keep track of users that come from Email Marketing, as well as from other sources. Moreover, they are compatible with most social networks. Based on the data collected from the JavaScript code, your company can build a list containing the e-mail addresses of those that accessed the website of your company. This list can be loaded into the Facebook account of your company, to be processed. Thus, whenever a potential client connects to Facebook, ads promoting your website will be served to them. The process is so easy, it doesn’t require sophisticated technical know-how.

Retargeting campaigns vary based on their purpose. That is why companies run retargeting campaigns either for brand awareness of for conversion.

remarketing-6Brand awareness campaigns are useful when you want to reconnect with the prospects that didn’t spend very much time on your company’s website. Your target audience can be formed of curious visitors that haven’t purchased yet or ex-clients you want to reactivate. A setback of this type of campaign is that the public is not very well segmented and people are not that interested by your product. Still, the purpose of the campaign is to make your company known to customers. Even if they won’t buy right away, the image of your company on the websites people visit will help them create an idea about it.

retargeting-2Conversion campaigns are meant to convince clients to act in a certain way. Conversion campaigns work best when you want your target audience to react to a certain call-to-action. The progress of such campaigns is measured based on the number of clicks, filled-in forms, and resulting leads. Companies use conversion campaigns to reach multiple objectives. They can be used to sent prospects to a form though which personal data is collected. Moreover you can engage the clients that downloaded certain materials, in order to provide them with additional information or to offer them a free demo.

Retargeting is a great way to keep in touch with potential clients that have already showed interest in your company. Though it may seem a simple concept, there are some aspects that need to be taken care of before designing your ad. Make time to build the list of prospects, to set goals and decide the types of campaigns to run. Find out what are the best for your ads, as it the conversion of your clients depends on them.

This entry was posted in B2B, Blog, Email Marketing, Featured Posts, MKOffice News, Recommendations and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>